Moong Dal- 200 gms
Khoa- 250 gms
Sugar- 1 cup
Cardamom powder- 1-2 tsp
Pistachio, Cashews and Almonds (for garnishing)- 2tbsp
1. Coarsely grind the moong dal in a grinder.
2. Lightly fry it and after frying for two to three minutes, place it in a pan to cool down.
3. Time to finely grind the moong dal once it is cool.
4. Heat ghee in a pan and add grounded moong dal and fry for 5 minutes.
5. Now put half cup sugar and roasted moong dal in the mixer and grind them.
6. Take the khoya in a pan and fry till ghee separates from khoa.
7. Add grounded mixture of sugar & moong dal, leftover sugar and cardamom powder in khoa and cook it for some time.
8. Apply ghee on a plate and spread this mixture over it.
9. Put pistachio, cashews and almonds on top and cut it into desired shape.
10. Store moong dal barfi in air tight container and serve as a nutritious dessert.